SARASOTA COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – An Osprey minister is facing 500 counts of possessing child pornography, according to a news release.
The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children reported Charles Andrews to the Sarasota County Sherif’s Office after learning he had downloaded approximately 70 images of child pornography using two different e-mail accounts, the latter agency said.
According to the release, Andrews is a minister at Osprey Church of Christ, 406 Pennsylvania Avenue. He is also a registered sex offender who was convicted in 2006 in Alabama of second-degree sexual abuse.
Investigators say Andrews shared six images of child pornography a total of 70 times. He also shared “non-illegal images of child erotica” using both accounts.
Investigators traced the IP address that Andrews allegedly used to download the images to his home in Englewood. There, they confiscated a computer, external hard drive and other digital storage devices.
Deputies say they discovered more than 500 images of child pornography, including at least 50 depicting sexual battery of a child.
Andrews was arrested Tuesday for 500 felony counts of Possession of Child Pornography and three counts of Failure to Meet the Registration Requirements of a Sex Offender.
He was booked into the Sarasota County Jail, where he’s being held without bond.
- Trident Literacy Association receives grant money to help adults catch up on their education
- Authorities: 1 dead after tornadoes hit western Minnesota
- USPS: Employee at Mount Pleasant Post Office tests positive for COVID-19
- Newsfeed Now: “Glee” star goes missing; Remembering Charlie Daniels
- Supreme Court says Manhattan district attorney can get Trump tax records