TAMPA (CNN) — Cell phone cases are designed to set your phone apart, but a new prototype is designed to feel like human skin.
The project is a team effort by researchers from France and England. It uses silicone to mimic the feel of skin and sensors to ‘feel’ your touch.
The case can detect and differentiate tickling, pinching, and caressing.
The skin can even send signals to the phone, which can then respond with emojis.
The developers say the device aims to explore the intersection between man and machine.
The project is in beginning stages and not available for sale yet. Thankfully.
- Town of Summerville extends ‘state of emergency’ to May 14
- Rep. Cunningham: IRS to launch online portal to provide direct deposit information for stimulus checks
- Easter sunrise service will still happen at SC’s ‘Pretty Place’ chapel, will be streamed online
- Disney shares Dole Whip, other recipes while parks closed
- ‘Everybody is very scared’: The struggle to keep apart on subway