SARALAND, Ala. (WKRG) –– Hurricane Sally revealed something unseen for decades at Bayou Sara in Saraland. This picture is courtesy of David Fields photography. This was a paddleboat that was docked there in the ’70s. The owners meant it to be a gambling boat, but never got the right licenses.
It burned down in the ’90s after sitting there for more than 30 years. As for how old it might be, the type of nails used reveal it was likely built more than a century ago.
- SC Aquarium announces Cyber Monday sale
- One dead in single vehicle accident in Orangeburg County
- One person killed, another wounded in Black Friday shooting at Arden Fair Mall
- Nurse who came out of retirement to train others dies from COVID-19
- Driver sets pick-up truck on fire and injures Lowcountry police officer during vehicle chase on I-95