HOOKERTON, N.C. (WNCN) – An inmate died after being attacked by another offender during an altercation at a prison in Greene County, according to a news release.
Charles Rogers, 75, was stabbed with a homemade weapon around 4:37 p.m. on Thursday at the Maury Correctional Institution. Facility medical personnel performed life-saving procedures on the scene. Rogers was pronounced dead at 4:36 p.m., the release said.
Law enforcement is investigating the incident.
No further information was released.
- Sen. Patrick Leahy taken to hospital
- Soaking rain on the way with cooler temperatures tomorrow
- NCPD says department seeing uptick in domestic violence, working with activists to combat increase
- Democrats revive push to raise minimum wage to $15 by 2025
- Local doctor shares recommendations for summer travel plans on “National Plan for Vacation Day”