TAMPA, Fla. (CNN) – KFC has avoided the chicken sandwich war currently going on between Popeyes and Chick-fil-A, but it’s latest menu item could be a rival.
KFC will debut the mac and cheese bowl featuring fried popcorn chicken.
The loaded bowls will be added to the chain’s $5 fill-up menu Aug. 26.
For those who live on the wild side, there’s a Nashville hot chicken version as well.
While mac and cheese is nothing new for KFC, this version comes just weeks after Chick-fil-A added its own version of the popular side to menus.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Congressman Jim Clyburn visits Charleston; speaks on the restoration of historical documents
- Fighting to Save the Light on Morris Island
- LEGO to launch International Space Station set
- SC man facing charges, including animal fighting, after dog attacks woman
- Rep. Jim Jordan on impeachment: When you drain the swamp, the swamp fights back