TAMPA, Fla. (CNN) – KFC has avoided the chicken sandwich war currently going on between Popeyes and Chick-fil-A, but it’s latest menu item could be a rival.
KFC will debut the mac and cheese bowl featuring fried popcorn chicken.
The loaded bowls will be added to the chain’s $5 fill-up menu Aug. 26.
For those who live on the wild side, there’s a Nashville hot chicken version as well.
While mac and cheese is nothing new for KFC, this version comes just weeks after Chick-fil-A added its own version of the popular side to menus.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- 25th Annual Mount Pleasant Christmas Parade could attract thousands despite COVID-19 concerns
- Lindsey Graham raised record-breaking funds during 2020 campaign
- DHEC: SC could get first doses of COVID-19 vaccine by mid December
- 2 Your Health: Celebrate safely this holiday season
- UPS limits deliveries for some of country’s biggest retailers due to demand, reports say