STATESVILLE, N.C. (FOX 46 CHARLOTTE) – Tropical Storm Zeta damaged a United States Postal Service vehicle on Thursday, including multiple homes and other vehicles across the Carolinas.
The USPS employee was not hurt, a witness told FOX 46 on Thursday.
“Thank goodness John, our mail carrier, is okay. He was leaning out of his truck delivering mail when a tree fell on him. This is in the Eastbrook neighborhood in Statesville,” James Hogan said.
The accident happened at the intersection of E. Elementary Road and Eastbrook Lane.
The mashed mail truck was one of countless examples of property damage across North Carolina caused by the fast-moving storm.
Hundreds of thousands of homes and businesses remain without power Thursday afternoon.
LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX46.COM
- Court named after longtime Wando volleyball coach
- Just 56% of Americans can name all three branches of government — that’s actually a 15-year high
- 2 Your Health: Study finds link between COVID-19 and Alzheimer’s disease
- James Island Charter High School votes against mask mandate, offering virtual option for students who feel unsafe
- Law enforcement on scene at North Charleston apartment complex