SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — Airports across the country are experiencing major delays Friday due to a nationwide issue with the U.S. Customs and Border Protection computer system.
Travelers at San Francisco International Airport sent KRON4 photos of extremely long lines in the Customs and Border Protection area.
SFO explained that there is a nationwide computer system issue with U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
All of the systems are reportedly offline, causing a huge disruption with travel.
Currently, everything is being done by hand at SFO.
Hundreds of people — from infants to the elderly — have been waiting in line for much longer than usual.
No further details have been reported.
Check back for updates.
- Ed Murray, Bill Murray’s brother, dies at 76
- Is your Amazon Black Friday purchase a good deal? This tool will tell you if the price has been lower
- Here’s how drinking hot cocoa could make you smarter
- Three arrested for vandalizing downtown church
- DHEC to offer free HIV testing and Facebook event for World AIDS Day