CHARLOTTE, NC (FOX 46) — One person is dead due to injuries sustained during an altercation that occurred a few days ago, CMPD said on Sunday.
Officers responded to calls regarding an altercation around 8:30 p.m. on Thursday near 5200 Valcourt Road in north Charlotte.
Daniel Vergara, 31, was found suffering from trauma and was transported to the hospital with life-threatening injuries. He succumbed to those injuries on Saturday, officials said.
There is no mention of a suspect at this time. This is the city’s 114th homicide of 2020.
This remains an active investigation.
- CCSD resuming athletic competitions, practices January 25
- Bills among the NFL’s 4 defenses peaking in the postseason
- Democrats set to formalize Jaime Harrison as national chair
- Colleton County Sheriff’s Office announces memorial plans for Sgt. Edward Marcurella
- DHEC: 3,363 new COVID-19 cases in SC, 366,149 total