CHARLOTTE, N.C. (FOX 46 CHARLOTTE) – CMPD said one person was killed Friday night in east Charlotte.
Officers responded to calls regarding a stabbing around 9 p.m. near 5000 Cheval Place. Kwame Pugh, 25, was found suffering from a stab wound inside a home and was pronounced dead on the scene.
Charlotte police later announced they had arrested Michael Oliver, 41, and charged him with Pugh’s murder.
The DA’s office, victim services, CFD, and CSI were among the divisions that responded to the scene.
This remains an active investigation. Anyone with information is encouraged to contact officials at 704-334-1600.
- Biden vows to unify and save country; Trump hits Midwest
- Eric Trump hosts Latinos for Trump event at the Ahern Hotel Tuesday evening
- Scuffle highlights tensions between campaigns as Joe Biden stumps in small Georgia town
- Protests, looting in Philadelphia after police fatally shoot Black man Walter Wallace Jr.
- Police: Woman covered care-dependent husband with kitty litter after accident