GASTONIA, N.C. (FOX 46 CHARLOTTE)- Medic confirmed that there were more than 50 heat-related calls at Wednesday’s Trump rally in Gastonia.
At least a few individuals were seen being wheeled away by Medics inside of the rally.
Officials say there were 54 calls, some of which were for people who had fallen and received some minor cuts.
Thousands were in attendance at the event at the Gaston Municipal Airport. The gates opened at 4 p.m. and supporters flooded in, packing the space.
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services has advised that people joining a mass gatheirng such as a Trump rally get tested for COVID-19.
Dozens of North Carolina physicians recently sent a letter to Trump’s campaign urging the president to cancel his rallies for health reasons.
No additional information has been provided concerning how many people reportedly passed out or what their current conditions are.
MORE FROM FOX 46 CHARLOTTE
- Pitt duo combines for 53 points to hold off Blue Devils, 79-73
- Alleged white supremacist arrested after ankle monitor puts him at Capitol riot
- City of Charleston, area churches honor COVID-19 victims with ringing of bells, lighting of buildings
- Mount Pleasant family seeking justice after son shot with bb gun while riding bike
- CPD: Suspect wanted for string of crimes injured in officer-involved shooting