MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WATE) – A snake will be put on display for educational purposes after it was run over by a truck in West Tennessee.
The copperhead in Hardeman County was 49-inches long, which is just three inches shy of a world record for that species.
Officials say people should not be concerned about going into the woods, but they should be careful.
The snake has been donated to the TWRA.
Keep in mind, it’s against the law to intentionally kill venomous snakes in Tennessee.
- Austin shooting: Police still searching for fugitive in deadly northwest Austin shooting
- Texas dog receives award after saving his owner’s life
- Otters at Georgia Aquarium test positive for COVID-19
- NASA’s Mars helicopter is set to take history-making flight Monday. Here’s how to watch it
- Half of US adults have received at least one COVID-19 shot