HICKORY, N.C. (FOX 46 CHARLOTTE) – A 53-year-old man was charged Monday for ethnic intimidation after he used a racial slur and threatened to shoot a juvenile employee after leaving a Zaxby’s drive-through, according to the Hickory Police Department.
Police said Jimmy Mott called Zaxby’s management to complain after he left the drive-through at the Zaxby’s on LR Boulevard when he used the slur and threatened to shoot the employee he had interacted with while attempting to buy food.
Mott was charged with ethnic intimidation and arrested.
LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX 46 CHARLOTTE
- Biden team preps for inauguration while lawmakers look ahead to impeachment trial of President Trump
- Police investigating carjacking and assault outside whole Foods in Mount Pleasant
- Police search for suspect in connection to Charleston County Democratic Party Office vandalism
- Deciphering precipitation & tornado debris- dual pol radar explained
- Pro-Trump demonstrators, some armed, start descending on Michigan, Ohio and South Carolina statehouses