COLUMBUS, Ohio (WTRF)— Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost, Florida Attorney General Ashley Moody, Louisiana Attorney General Jeff Landry and Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton today requested that Netflix remove the film “Cuties.”
Yost says the film repeatedly shows children using their bodies in a sexual manner to get themselves out of trouble; it graphically focuses on the clothed genitalia of children; and it shows the creation and publication of child pornography.
The following statement may be attributed to Attorney General Yost:
“In this era where we are fighting a seemingly never-ending battle against human trafficking, this film is counterproductive – it whets the appetites of those who wish to harm our children in the most unimaginable ways,” Yost said. “I vehemently opposed the continued streaming of the movie and request that it is voluntarily removed.”
A copy of the letter sent to Netflix’s chief executive officer may be found here.
- Protesters leave casket full of dirt, cow manure at North Carolina police station
- Veterans will ride 20 horses for 20 miles to raise suicide awareness
- Kentucky governor calls for release of Breonna Taylor evidence
- Both Republican members of NC State Board of Elections resign
- With only one tip, KCPD urging community to speak up about shooting that killed 1-year-old