TAMPA (CNN/WFLA) — Publix is donating $250,000 to Hurricane Dorian relief efforts in the Bahamas.
Based in Florida, Publix likely knows how difficult it can be to recover from hurricanes.
Dorian devastated Grand Bahama and its surrounding islands as a Category 5 storm earlier this week. At one point, it stalled for about 15 hours and pummeled the area nonstop with wind and rain.
- 33-year-old tech CEO found dismembered in luxury NYC condo
- South Carolina joins states sharing license data for citizenship efforts
- Newsfeed Now: Second stimulus check?; 4-year-old gets garbage-themed birthday party
- Closest images ever taken of the sun released, reveal ‘campfires’ near surface
- Safety concerns persist as IOC says Olympics without fans ‘something we don’t want’