COLUMBIA, S.C. (WBTW) — South Carolina U.S. Attorney Peter McCoy said Wednesday anyone who traveled from South Carolina to commit destruction at the U.S. Capitol will be prosecuted.
McCoy said federal crimes were committed and will be prosecuted.
“Let me be perfectly clear: Federal crimes were violated today at our Nation’s Capitol building,” McCoy said. “Anyone who traveled from the District of South Carolina with the intent to aid this travesty or commit acts of destruction will be prosecuted by the U.S. Attorney’s Office of South Carolina.”
- Benedict College Marching Band to perform in Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Food, supply drive happening Saturday in Summerville
- ‘Godzilla shark’: 300 million-year-old fossil discovered in New Mexico
- San Antonio airport locked down after active shooter situation
- Agreement reached on Crab Bank restoration project