COLUMBIA, S.C. (WBTW) — South Carolina U.S. Attorney Peter McCoy said Wednesday anyone who traveled from South Carolina to commit destruction at the U.S. Capitol will be prosecuted.
McCoy said federal crimes were committed and will be prosecuted.
“Let me be perfectly clear: Federal crimes were violated today at our Nation’s Capitol building,” McCoy said. “Anyone who traveled from the District of South Carolina with the intent to aid this travesty or commit acts of destruction will be prosecuted by the U.S. Attorney’s Office of South Carolina.”
- Saints’ Brees sees playoff clash with Brady’s Bucs as fate
- Federal judge refuses to release man wearing horns and face paint from custody after Capitol riot
- Water Mission mobilizing disaster response in Indonesia following earthquake
- Post Malone donates 10,000 pairs of Crocs to frontline medical workers across the country
- SC hospitals to receive “significantly less vaccine” than requested