This marks the first time the NFL has had to cancel an event on its calendar because of the pandemic.
The HOF game was scheduled to be played Canton, Ohio, on Aug. 6.
The annual HOF enshrinement ceremony has been postponed.
The HOF kicks off the NFL season as being the first preseason game of the year.
- Deputies investigating Tuesday night shooting in McClellanville
- 128 people sick after eating sushi from Harris Teeter
- Hackers steal nearly $60k from Boys and Girls Club of Cleveland County
- Free COVID-19 testing in the Lowcountry before Thanksgiving Day
- Durham doctor accused of inviting female patient to discuss test results, sexually assaulting her