RED SPRINGS, NC (WBTW) – Deputies with the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office have arrested a suspect in connection to a shooting in the Red Springs area.
According to the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office, Jody Lee Hunt Jr. was arrested Thursday charged with discharging a firearm into an occupied vehicle. This charge is in connection to a shooting that occurred Sept. 4 at the Thunder Valley Oasis Store in Red Springs.
Prior to this arrest, Hunt was out on bond for charges of first-degree murder and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. Hunt was also on probation for a conviction of assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury that occurred in 2017.
Hunt is currently being held at the Robeson County Detention Center under a $1.5 million secured bond.
The Robeson County Sheriff’s Office Homicide Division conducted the investigation. Anyone with information is asked to call 910-671-3170 or 910-671-3100.
- One person dead after confrontation with police in North Charleston
- Moderates hustle to blunt Sanders’ momentum after Nevada win
- South Carolina bill would ban shackling pregnant prisoners
- #1 USC Defeats #14 Kentucky, 67-58 to Clinch Top Seed in SEC Women’s Tournament
- More than 500 Backpacks given away at community event