KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – A stabbing suspect was shot and killed after fatally stabbing three women and hospitalizing a fourth at a Knoxville truck stop early Tuesday.
A report of a stabbing at the truck stop at 7210 Strawberry Plains Pike was made just before 7 a.m. The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation has confirmed three female victims were fatally stabbed and another woman was transported to a nearby hospital. The condition of the hospitalized individual is unknown at the time.
The male stabbing suspect was shot and killed by law enforcement, TBI spokesperson Leslie Earhart said. Upon arrival, officers observed at least one person with stab wounds outside of the store. A man, armed with a knife and identified by witnesses as the suspect, was also observed in the parking lot.
Officers confronted the individual who refused to drop the weapon. At some point during the encounter, one of the officers fired shots, striking the man. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation will launch a probe into the officer-involved shooting.
This is a developing story and we’ll continue to update the details as they become available.
- Berkeley County announced new director for Voters Registration and Elections
- Emanuel Nine Memorial receives $2 Million donation from the City of Charleston
- Moncks Corner man who fled traffic stop had baby alligator in his car
- ‘Gorilla Glue Girl’: Tessica Brown launching hair care line months after infamous incident
- Four good Samaritans help save injured deputy sheriff from creek