RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Just two days after President Trump visited the Triangle, Vice President Mike Pence appears to be headed to the area.
Pence is planning a trip Wednesday to Thales Academy in Apex, according to parents who received notification. He plans to visit the kindergarten through fifth-grade portion of the school.
The private school reopened last week with in-person learning.
School leaders say they implemented additional safety guidelines for the academic year which include, staggered class change times, social distancing, prohibiting mass gatherings and sharing school supplies.
Students are also expected to follow state and city mandates when it comes to wearing a face mask.
Monday, Trump visited a Morrisville company that is involved in the COVID-19 vaccine efforts.
- ‘We are slammed’: Veterinarian clinics, animal hospitals busier during pandemic
- Garth Brooks concert at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte rescheduled for April 10, 2021
- Authorities searching for missing juveniles out of Aiken, South Carolina
- Brad Pitt, Jennifer Anniston, other stars reunite for ‘Fast Times at Ridgemont High’ virtual table read
- Buck’s Giannis wins second consecutive MVP award, per reports