RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Just two days after President Trump visited the Triangle, Vice President Mike Pence appears to be headed to the area.
Pence is planning a trip Wednesday to Thales Academy in Apex, according to parents who received notification. He plans to visit the kindergarten through fifth-grade portion of the school.
The private school reopened last week with in-person learning.
School leaders say they implemented additional safety guidelines for the academic year which include, staggered class change times, social distancing, prohibiting mass gatherings and sharing school supplies.
Students are also expected to follow state and city mandates when it comes to wearing a face mask.
Monday, Trump visited a Morrisville company that is involved in the COVID-19 vaccine efforts.
- SC House Judiciary Committee to discuss open carry legislation on Tuesday
- Mitt Romney left with black eye after being knocked unconscious in fall
- FBI chief set to testify for the first time since Capitol riot
- 6 Dr. Seuss books won’t be published for racist images
- Veterans urge South Carolina lawmakers to pass medical marijuana bill