RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Just two days after President Trump visited the Triangle, Vice President Mike Pence appears to be headed to the area.
Pence is planning a trip Wednesday to Thales Academy in Apex, according to parents who received notification. He plans to visit the kindergarten through fifth-grade portion of the school.
The private school reopened last week with in-person learning.
School leaders say they implemented additional safety guidelines for the academic year which include, staggered class change times, social distancing, prohibiting mass gatherings and sharing school supplies.
Students are also expected to follow state and city mandates when it comes to wearing a face mask.
Monday, Trump visited a Morrisville company that is involved in the COVID-19 vaccine efforts.
- Australian family returns home to find koala in their Christmas tree
- $908B plan best hope for COVID-19 relief before end of year
- Lawmakers react to President Trump’s most recent assault on the election
- Light up the Lowcountry: Share your holiday lights photos with News 2
- Facebook to remove COVID-19 vaccine-related misinformation