SRI LANKA (CNN) — An elephant trampled and injured at least 17 people at a festival in Sri Lanka Saturday.
The incident occurred at a 119-year-old procession honoring the sacred Relic of the tooth of Buddha. According to CNN, one of the elephants was spooked during the procession, which startled another.
Seventeen people were taken to the hospital with unspecified injuries.
The parade continued after the incident.
- CCSO: Victim in critical condition following auto-vs-pedestrian collision
- Four people arrested during protest in Charleston
- ‘She is the female Scalia’: Lawmakers react to President Trump picking Amy Coney Barrett to replace RBG
- State leaders share thoughts on nomination of Amy Coney Barrett
- Sen. Lindsey Graham releases statement on Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett