SRI LANKA (CNN) — An elephant trampled and injured at least 17 people at a festival in Sri Lanka Saturday.
The incident occurred at a 119-year-old procession honoring the sacred Relic of the tooth of Buddha. According to CNN, one of the elephants was spooked during the procession, which startled another.
Seventeen people were taken to the hospital with unspecified injuries.
The parade continued after the incident.
- Tim Scott, others reintroduce Walter Scott Notification Act
- Exclusive poll shows support for George Floyd protests, disapproval of Trump’s response
- Police pursuit leads to crash in Dorchester County
- Hanahan Fire Department’s missing dog has been found
- DHEC: 235 new COVID-19 cases in SC, 12,651 total