TAMPA (WFLA/CNN) – What could make a night at the theater more endearing? How about seats filled with dogs?
It happened in Canada for a performance of “Billy Elliot: The Musical.”
The pups were treated to the outing as part of their training to become service dogs.
Sitting calmly in a theater with human handlers helps prepare them for what their new owners might need them to do.
It takes two years for the dogs to complete their training — which also includes trips to the zoo, subways, and crowded fairs.
The dogs don’t have to actually pay attention to the stage to pass — but some of them did, anyway!
The theater says the dogs are welcome to come back any time.
- UPDATE: Police at fatal shooting in Delta Township after fight over wearing mask
- Virginia rocket launch may be visible for most of East Coast and as far west as Ohio
- Man shot in neck while driving on Indiana interstate with 3-year-old in car, girlfriend says
- “Fintastic” news: Baby Shark Mac and Cheese coming to Walmart
- Trio of Ohio sisters give birth on same day at same hospital