COOLBAUGH TOWNSHIP, MONROE COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU-TV) — One man has been flown to the hospital late Wednesday morning after he crashed into a gas pump at a gas station in Mount Pocono, according to the Coolbaugh Township fire chief.
He says the driver crossed the median on Route 940 and smashed into a gas pump at C&C Performance Centers causing the car, as well as the gas pump, to catch fire. A bystander allegedly pulled the driver from the car. He was flown to the hospital for his injuries.
They say the fire has been put out and Route 940 East and 940 West are now back open. The gas station and attached pizzeria & deli will be closed at least the remainder of the day.
- The City of Charleston emergency management places pumps around the city to help with flooding
- How tornadoes can spawn from tropical systems
- President Biden to visit Raleigh to encourage COVID-19 vaccinations
- Florida vs. CDC cruise lawsuit: Court rules in favor of Florida against conditional sail order
- Affidavit reveals one-year-old weighed 8 pounds at time of death, parents arrested