Orangeburg man injured while lighting gas grill dies

News
Orangeburg man injured while lighting gas grill dies (Image 1)_9952

An Orangeburg County man who was airlifted to a Georgia hospital after being burned while lighting a grill has died, News 2 has learned.

The Times and Democrat reports the Orangeburg County Coroner’s Office confirmed Harry Renau, 87, died of organ failure due to thermal injuries.

Authorities with the Orangeburg Fire Department responded to Sinkler Avenue in Eutawville on Monday, May 25 at 2 p.m.

We’re told Renau received severe 2nd and 3rd degree burns to 35% of his upper body from a flash fire, while attempting to light a gas grill. 

He died Sunday, June 7 at the Augusta Burn Center.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

DOWNLOAD THE APP!

WCBD News app graphic_1558160087567.png.jpg

Click for latest news and information

TRENDING HEADLINES