Jack’s Cosmic Dogs had its grade busted down to a “B” following an inspection that found several violations.
According to the report dated February 19th, the Department of Health and Environmental Control visited the popular spot on Highway 17 for a routine visit.
Among the violations:
- Not properly marking dates on ready to eat foods
- a priority violation for chemicals being stored too close to food
- problems with the temperature gauge outside the walk-in cooler
- Foodservice equipment “throughout the facility not kept clean, fully operative, and in good repair”
- Leaving back entry door to the dry storage room open
As is the case with all restaurants with violations, Jack’s will have a follow-up inspection within 10 days.
Click here to check out the inspection report or search for others.