MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – Rescue crews responded to a possible drowning at a Myrtle Beach hotel on Friday afternoon.
Lt. Jonathan Evans with Myrtle Beach Fire Rescue confirms one person was sent to the Grand Strand Regional with unknown injuries. The incident happened at 2304 N. Ocean Boulevard, according to Evans.
According to Horry County Deputy Coroner Darris Fowler, that person died at the hospital. The person died from drowning and the death has been ruled as accidental. Myrtle Beach Police are investigating the incident.
Count on News13 for updates as we work to gather more information.
- Rain chances for part of the weekend
- Photo Gallery: Protests over George Floyd’s death break out across nation
- District Two Regional Stadium officially renamed after Wando’s Bob Hayes
- SC leaders react to George Floyd’s death, protests
- NCPD: Woman struck by train in North Charleston