GAFFNEY, SC (WCBD) - Just in time for Election Day, a send-off for the fictional "House of Cards" president Frank Underwood.
A headstone has been set up at a cemetery in Gaffney, South Carolina and fans of the Netflix series have been stopping by to pay their respects.
"House of Cards has generated a lot of interest and brought a lot of people to Gaffney, South Carolina," said mayor Henry Jolly.
The new headstone at Oakland Cemetery reads 'Francis J. Underwood - 46th President of the United States.'
Of course, in reality there are only 45 presidents.
A Gaffney-area florist is placing flowers at the grave a few times a week and there was even an obituary in the local newspaper.
The new season of "House of Cards" was released Friday.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- President Trump announces former SC Rep. Mick Mulvaney as acting chief of staff
- Count on 2 Trending Stories: Friday, December 14th
- Charleston area citizens can now report flooding in app
- Mt. Pleasant Police treat kids to lunch and Christmas shopping in effort to give back