FLORENCE, SC (WBTW) – A Florence man has been charged after allegedly threatening law enforcement following the death of a Florence Regional Airport officer.
Karl Pace Mayo, III, of Florence, was arrested by investigators on January 8, according to the Florence County Sheriff’s Office. Mayo has been charged with one count of breach of peace and one count of a violation of the Computer Crime Act.
Investigators allege that “on or about January 5, 2020,” following the death of Florence Regional Airport Officer Jackson Winkeler, Mayo “posted a threat to law enforcement officers on social media by offering to purchase ammunition for anyone who wanted to kill law enforcement.”
Mayo was booked into the Florence County Detention Center around 1:30 p.m. January 8, booking records show. He was released around 3:15 p.m. January 9 on a $1,558.90 surety bond.
- Mt. Pleasant road closed due to flooding
- DHEC: 706 new COVID-19 cases in SC, 134,052 total
- Charleston Police announce road closures due to possible flooding
- Charleston County Republican Party releases statement on Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s dying wish was to not have a replacement chosen by Trump