MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – A man has been charged after he allegedly stole a woman’s wallet in Myrtle Beach.
Christopher Jamar Bellamy, 28, is charged with common law robbery and resisting arrest, according to J. Reuben Long Detention Center booking records. He was booked around 8:45 p.m. Sunday and remains in the center pending a $75,464 bond.
Arrest warrants from the Myrtle Beach Police Department allege that Bellamy “struck the victim multiple times in the head and gained control of her wallet.”
- Law enforcement on scene at North Charleston apartment complex
- ‘Sex and the City’ star Willie Garson dies at 57
- Rob Fowler reflects on forecasting Hurricane Hugo 32 years later
- City of Charleston provides update on seawall proposal
- Lawmakers push for new war memorial to honor fallen service members killed in war on terror