CHESTER COUNTY, S.C. (FOX 46 CHARLOTTE) – The parents of a 5-month-old baby in Chester County, SC have been arrested in Union County, NC in connection to the death of the infant, authorities said.
Natricia Ann Wright, 21, and Shederick Da’Shawn Gallman, 22, were served warrants in Union County on Thursday, Aug. 20, for homicide by child abuse.
The arrests were the result of an investigation by the Chester County Sheriff’s Office, the Coroner’s Office, and the SC Law Enforcement Division from an incident on May 20 along 2nd Street.
According to court documents, Chester County deputies responded to a residence in reference to assisting an emergency medical service. Once at the scene, EMS stated a 5-month-old child was dead.
The scene was then turned over to SLED and resulted in arrest warrants for Wright and Gallman.
Both suspects are in the Union County, NC Detention Center awaiting an extradition hearing.
- SCDOT prepares roads, bridges for winter weather
- Beaufort remembers native son on anniversary of Challenger explosion
- Dorchester District Two limiting internet access on student devices to minimize ‘inappropriate exploration’
- Berkeley County libraries distributing at-home COVID-19 test kits
- US, NATO allies preparing for possible Russian cyber attacks