NORTH MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – A worker has died after being electrocuted by a live wire at a construction site in North Myrtle Beach.
A construction crew was working on a house that previously had burned and was being reconstructed at 800 Hillside Dr. The company brought in two crane operators.
At about 8 a.m., one of the crane operators was holding a guy-wire that touched a live electrical source and traveled through the guy wire, killing him, according to Pat Dowling, public information officer with North Myrtle Beach.
OSHA is on the way to the scene. The county coroner is there.
Horry County Coroner Robert Edge has identified the man who died as Antunes dos Santos, 47, of Socastee.