FLORENCE COUNTY, SC (WBTW) – Deputies in Florence County have apprehended a suspect accused of leading authorities on a 22 minute-long chase.
Deputies were patrolling the W. Lucas Street area when they noticed a suspicious vehicle which had license plates that did not match the vehicle, Chief Deputy Glen Kirby said in an update online Sunday.
When a deputy tried to make a traffic stop, the suspect allegedly failed to stop and led deputies on a 22 minute chase into Darlington County and then back into Florence County.
The sheriff’s office says the suspect tried to hit two deputies head on in the Southborough /Pineneedles area. Deputies were eventually able to execute a PIT maneuver at the intersection of Parker Drive and S. Cashua Drive, where the suspect was apprehended, the FCSO says.
Deputies say the suspect had a loaded AR-15 and is a prohibited felon. He also allegedly had a large amount of drugs.
More information is expected to be released at a later time. Count on News13 for updates.
- US weekly jobless rate drops to 751,000
- Man killed in NE Charlotte, marking city’s 100th homicide this year
- ‘Absolutely devastating’: Last calf born to April the giraffe dies
- GALLERY: Zeta brings heavy rain, wind damage to Upstate, WNC
- Poll shows tight US Senate race in South Carolina days before election