CHARLESTON, SC (WCBD) - The competition is heating up between Clemson and the South Carolina Gamecocks fans!
The two schools are facing off to see which school can donate the most blood ahead of next week's big football game.
This is the 34th year of the Blood Battle and South Carolina is ahead by three wins.
The Tigers are encouraging students to donate with a nationwide shortage of blood.
"We always have that need for helping out, not just our hospitals but the natural disasters happening around the world, so we are always collecting to help those disasters," said Shannez Herazo, The Blood Connection.
For the first time, Clemson is getting the community involved. They opened specific locations for community members and faculty to donate.
However, those pints won't go toward the final count.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Lowcountry teacher and actor to perform one-man adaption of "A Christmas Carol"
- Toys For Tots donations at Krispy Kreme
- Courageous Kidz car show to be held on Saturday
- Mother faces charges after baby dies in Myrtle Beach