MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – A woman has been charged after she and her daughter tested positive for drugs, according to a warrant from the Myrtle Beach Police Department.
The warrant states Sarah Danielle Hemingway is charged with “Children/Legal custodian, unlawful neglect of child or helpless person.”
On February 11, Myrtle Beach police officers responded in reference to a report of child neglect and learned the child was removed from her home after testing positive for marijuana and cocaine, according to the warrant. Hemingway also allegedly tested positive for marijuana and cocaine.
The test results were reported to Myrtle Beach police by a DSS case worker, the warrant states.
Hemingway, 19, was booked in to the Myrtle Beach jail around 7:15 a.m. Thursday, according to booking records.
- Commissioner: Social Security, SSI benefits will be paid on time
- Hartsville man accused of stepping on woman’s head until she passed out, report says
- WEATHER ALERT DAY: Severe thunderstorms possible Tuesday afternoon and evening in the Lowcountry
- Deputies arrest 2 men on various drug charges after receiving tip about wanted felon in Summerville
- Can coronavirus infect you through your eyes?