COLUMBIA, SC (WBTW) – A South Carolina senator says beach accesses will reopened next week as the country continues to deal with the COVID-19 pandemic.
Senator Stephen Goldfinch (R – District 34) told News13 beach access restrictions will ease some time next week.
He said the same thing Saturday afternoon on his Facebook page.
Governor McMaster issued an executive order March 30 that ordered the closure of public access points to the state’s beaches.
It also ordered the closure of all public boat ramps, landings and other access points on the state’s lakes, rivers and waterways.
Public boat landings were reopened Friday.
News 2 has reached out to the governor’s office for additional information.
- Delaware family discovers WWII heirloom tucked away in a box
- ‘Tell my mom I love her’: Graphic body camera video shows police officer shooting 13-year-old boy with autism
- White House press secretary holds briefing
- Full List: Bed Bath & Beyond plans to close these stores by the end of 2020
- Officials: 17 charged, guns seized in drug investigation