PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — Video sent to WKRG News 5 appears to show protestors blocking 3 Mile Bridge in Pensacola. A vehicle can be seen driving through the protestors, and one of them riding on the hood of the vehicle, hanging on as it crosses the bridge.
The Pensacola Police Department says protestors from Graffiti Bridge entered the intersection of 17th Avenue and Bayfront Parkway this afternoon. The driver of the vehicle was headed southbound, attempting to cross the Pensacola Bay Bridge into Gulf Breeze.
As the protesters blocked the roadway, the driver inched forward at a slow rate of speed. Protesters approached the car and one jumped onto the hood of a vehicle, PPD said. The protester rode on the car all the way over the bridge into Gulf Breeze. The vehicle was stopped by the Gulf Breeze Police Department. It’s still an active investigation.
WKRG News 5 has a crew on the way and will keep you posted.
- President Trump now says he supports DACA, wants to make it law
- 3 Degree Guarantee for Tuesday, July 14th
- SCDOT provides look into I-526 Lowcountry Corridor East Project prior to public meeting
- Lowcountry hospitals discuss surge plans amid COVID-19 increases
- Unbearable summer heat affects people of color even more during COVID-19 pandemic, lawmakers say