GEORGETOWN, S.C. (WCBD) – We’re hearing from a woman who lost her husband and daughter in the same Georgetown County shooting in August of 2020. It happened 18 months ago when a road rage incident led to a shooting. Kimberly Wall says the last year and a half has been a major struggle.

Wall’s husband Nick and daughter Laura Anderson were shot after a car accident turned into an altercation near Andrews in Georgetown County. Wall and Anderson both died later at the hospital.

It was supposed to be the beginning of a new chapter for Wall’s daughter, who had bought a new home. Laura’s stepdad and Kimberly’s husband Nick was helping with renovations on the newly purchased home.

Laura’s house had furniture left in it from the previous owner and had someone coming to pick up the left-behind furniture. She asked her stepdad to come over and unlock the house.

Kimberly said that Laura was locked out, so she called her mom and asked her to bring the keys. Instead, Nick volunteered to take them. “My husband was like no, let me run them down there. I have to take that carpet up anyway,” she said.

“He kissed me goodbye, said I love you and out he went,” says Wall. “And 10 minutes later I got a phone call, my phone started ringing from people and her father. My ex-husband actually called and he said something happened, they’ve been shot.”

Just as Nick was pulling into Laura’s driveway, deputies say he was rear-ended by Ty Sheem Walters. A bystander wanted to report the accident, but Walters refused and instead became angry and grabbed a gun from his car.

“And he came back and shot my husband twice in the chest and he shot my daughter in the arm and in the head,” says Wall.

Kimberly Wall says living on without her husband and daughter was something she never imagined she’d have to do.

“It’s almost two years and it seems like we just went through this yesterday, I don’t know,” says Wall. “It’s just hard to move on.”

“Not a day goes by that I don’t think about them and just wonder why,” says Wall. “Make sure you tell the people you love, you love them.”

Recently Wall says she learned of a memorial being held for her family this weekend in Georgetown, but says she wasn’t contacted or asked ahead of time. While appreciative, she’s frustrated she hasn’t been included.

She said someone asked her, “did you know there is a walk?” and she responded, “what – a walk to remember Nick and Laura?” She said she hadn’t heard anything about it.

Wall says she’s hopeful Walters will be scheduled for a court appearance soon, to begin the trial. Walters remains in jail without bond.