CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WNCN/AP) — The Carolina Panthers bounced back from a huge loss last weekend to defeat the Tennesee Titans 30-20 Sunday at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte.
Carolina (now 5-3) was coming off a brutal 51-13 loss last Sunday at San Francisco, a game that Carolina players said going in would be a good measuring stick for them.
Sunday, the Panthers took a 17-0 lead going into halftime and never really looked back, basically trading scores with the Titans in the second half. A field goal attempt with less than a minute left by the Titans missed.
On Sunday, Kyle Allen made his sixth straight start for the Panthers at quarterback while Cam Newton continued to rehab from a mid-foot sprain.
Allen was 4-1 before the win Sunday, but was coming off his first loss against the 49ers, a game in which he threw three interceptions and looked rattled in the pocket.
The Panthers take on Green Bay next Sunday.
- Tracking the Tropics: Cristobal weakens to tropical depression before move back to Gulf
- Prosecutors describe racist slur as Ahmaud Arbery lay dying
- WATCH LIVE: George Floyd memorial service in Minneapolis
- Law enforcement officials join March for Peace and Justice in Georgetown County
- Waco PD release arrest affidavit for Laura Sanchez, mother of Frankie Gonzales