Courtesy of CofC Athletics
NEWARK, Del. – The College of Charleston men’s basketball team snapped a two-game losing streak on Saturday at Delaware with an 84-67 win.
Reyne Smith sank a shot from the behind the arc for the Cougars first points of the day almost two minutes into the contest. Ryan Larson followed suit with a trey of his own to take a 6-4 lead in the low scoring early minutes of the game.
Dalton Bolon went on a personal 5-0 run while the Blue Hens went on a three-minute scoring drought to help give Charleston their largest lead of the day at 16-10. The teams traded points for the remainder of the frame with neither program able to take more than a two-point edge as the Cougars entered the locker room up 38-36 after a 3-for-3 stretch from the field. The first half featured 11 lead changes and eight Charleston treys.
The Cougars went on a 10-0 run to open the second half and found themselves with a 70-53 advantage 12 minutes into the half. Dalton Bolon posted 11 points in the second half, going 4-for-6 from three-point range.
Charleston continued to control the offensive glass, grabbing 6 offensive rebounds in the final five minutes of play. Delaware went on a hot shooting streak, going 4-for-5 from the field. Charleston responded with a 6-0 run of their own to seal the 84-67.
- Bolon had a game-high 18 points followed by Pat Robinson III and Ben Burnham with 15 each
- Smith was 4-for-8 from behind the arc while Bolon was 4-for-9
- Brzovic grabbed a game-high nine rebounds while Larson had five assists
- The Cougars made 13 triples, their 13th time this season shooting double-digit treys
- Charleston grabbed 18 offensive rebounds and 43 total in the contest
- Charleston will return to TD Arena to host UNCW on February 8. Action is set for 7:00 p.m.
- Fans are encouraged to wear white to contest for the annual white out game.
- The Cougars defeated UNCW on January 11 in Wilmington, 71-69.