From Storm Team 2 Meteorologist Josh Marthers: Record highs near 90 are in the forecast today away from the coast as summer still tries to hang on in the Lowcountry.
Expect a mixture of sun and clouds today with just a slight chance of a shower or thunderstorm. Today's record high of 87, which has stood since 1942, will likely be broken as we expect high temperatures to soar to near 90. Even along the beaches we expect afternoon highs to reach well into the 80s. It will be warm and muggy tonight with lows in the low to mid 70s.
Scattered showers are expected Wednesday ahead of a cold front, which will push through the area late in the day. Expect highs to reach the mid 80s ahead of the front with a sharp drop in temperatures Wednesday night and Thursday.
Most of us will wake up to 50s Thursday morning with afternoon high temperatures around 70 under a mixture of sun & clouds. A chilly start is expected Friday with morning lows near 50 but afternoon highs will rebound to near 75.
Our next chance of rain arrives Saturday into early Sunday. Highs will be near 80 Saturday before sharply falling to near 70 again Sunday.
High temperatures will remain below normal, within a degree or two of 70, through the middle of next week.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Penalties for violations involving golf carts on SC roadways to change
- City of Charleston to release results of new parking study
- Set to close, iconic Page's Thieves Market will host community party, final auction
- Dorchester County mailing annual property tax bills