FOLLY BEACH, S.C. (WCBD) – The storm’s track has moved south and there is a substantially increased risk of prolonged effects and impacts to Folly Beach throughout the weekend including heavy rain and strong winds.
The news release states that when winds reach unsafe speeds, emergency response will be unable to respond to calls for service and won’t be able to reach you.
If you haven’t already, please secure your home and make evacuation plans now, officials with the City of Folly Beach stated. Lanes will be reversed on I-26 between Charleston and Columbia.
Evacuation routes can be found here: http://www.scdot.org/getting/evacuation.aspx.
The City is currently at OPCON 1 and our Municipal Emergency Operations Center is fully activated, according to officials.
- A curfew will be in place beginning tonight at 9pm until tomorrow morning at 7am and will continue each evening during those hours throughout the storm.
- Restricted access begins to the island tonight at 8pm and will run (24 hours) until after the storm. The access point will be near Folly Road and Little Oak Island Drive.
- The Charleston Airport projects closure tonight
- As you evacuate, please cut off main electrical breaker switch and cut off gas appliances at the valve to each appliance to prevent fires and gas explosions. For other power information, please visit sceg.com
- Bags for sandbags for Folly Beach residents and properties are still available at Public Safety at 106 W Cooper Street – each property is limited to 10 bags. Please bring your own shovel, pick up bags from Public Safety, and fill them at the boat landing. Please do not remove any sand from the beach.
- The Folly Beach Citizen Information Line will be active for questions: 843-588-7006.
- Anyone in need of a shelter should report to the Charleston County emergency transportation points. The nearest transporation point is at the Folly Beach boat landing. Shuttles will not run after today at 6pm.
- City Hall is closed and Friday’s Municipal Court is canceled
- Please do not put yard debris or roll carts out until after the storm passes. No additional trash collection
- Please plan to have the following ready to access to the island:
- Residents and property owners: Please bring two forms of identification showing residency or ownership (driver’s license, utility bill, deed, tax bill, lease, etc). Property managers, realtors, and brokers must have proof of state license and City of Folly Beach business license
- Employees of local businesses must have numbered reentry pass issued by the City and employee credentials
- Contractors with a Folly Beach business license will be permitted prior to the storm, and in a later phase of re-entry after the storm. Stay tuned to these updates for more information.
- Charleston County Parks & Rec facilities are closed until further notice