CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCBD) – The City will be opening the checkpoint at 1pm today and ending the curfew.
The Municipal Emergency Operation Center will begin scaling back operations and moving back towards normal operations. The Citizen Information Line is suspended. This will be the last update of Hurricane Florence.
• City Hall will open on Monday.
• Regular garbage collection schedules will resume Monday.
Flooding safety tips from Ready.gov:
• Do not walk, swim or drive through floodwaters. Just six inches of moving water can knock you down, and one foot of moving water can seep your vehicle away.
• There could be snakes or other animals in floodwaters. Wear heavy gloves and boots during clean up.
• Do not touch electrical equipment if it is wet or you are standing in water. If it is safe, turn off the electricity to prevent electric shock.
• Avoid wading in floodwater. The water can contain dangerous debris and be contaminated.